We are looking for a Junior Embedded Software Developer to join our team within IoT, Embedded, and Cloud to contribute to the development of next-generation sustainable water purification. The opportunity is to have a concrete impact on people’s lives by providing them with clean drinking water in a variety of applications such as domestic well water, recirculating showers, closed-loop aquaponics, microbreweries, and many more.
As an Embedded Software Developer, you will be part of the product development team, where you will conduct R&D and operations tasks. With the help of your supervisor, you will analyze customer requirements and translate them into functional specifications, implement new features and validate them with tests on laboratory equipment.
Your journey at SWT will begin with a training period during which you will work under the guidance and advice of an experienced developer. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to take up more responsibility and ownership of the design of next-generation hardware, firmware, and cloud architecture.
– Translate customer requirements into functional specifications
– Program and test embedded software/firmware
– Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade deployed systems
– Produce technical documentation and diagrams
– Organize your own workflow, codebase, and version releases
– Participate in the design of next-generation hardware, firmware, and cloud
– Proficiency in C, Python, and software architecture
– Experience with embedded software development (professional, academic, and/or projects)
– Basic understanding of microelectronics
– Proactivity in organization, design, and problem solving
– B. Sc. or M. Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
– Knowledge of microcontroller programming (i.e. Arduino, ESP32, RTOS)
– Interest in the development of cloud platforms (e.g. Ruby on Rails, SQL)
– Repository management with Git and Git workflows (e.g. Gitflow)
– Use, setup, and administration of Linux
– Language: English
– Location: Täby, Sweden
– Place of work: on site
– Scope: full-time
– Flexible working hours
– Competitive wage, healthcare, and insurance plan
– 30 days/year of paid vacation
– Swedish language course
– Help obtaining a working VISA (work permit)
– Monthly afterwork and teambuilding activities
– Multicultural and inclusive work environment
Apply for this position by telling us about yourself and submitting your CV with the form below. A portfolio of past projects (IoT, Embedded, App, Cloud, or equivalent) is also appreciated right away and becomes compulsory later in the recruitment process.