- Remote communities (mobile or stationary); solar powered
- Individual supply to homes
- Industrial water clean-up – Towards zero discharge
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Brine Treatment for Maximum Recovery – Reduced pollution
- Mobile disaster and emergency back-up water supply – Life saver
- Boiler or Cooling Tower Water Conditioning – Avoid scaling
- Food & Beverage Production Applications – Provide conditioned input water quality
- Municipal Water Treatment – Multiple uses
- Hydroponic Irrigation Systems – Remove unwanted ions
- Laundry Feed Water – No need for salt for softening water
Rural communities in developing regions of the world are the most affected by lack of clean drinking water. The water quality varies with different locations and often with no access to electricity.
Stockholm Water Technology has developed a unique solution to address water issues in rural communities by using an innovative, chemical free, solar-battery operated water desalination systems which can be sized using a “lego-like” architecture to provide flexible water treatment solutions for a wide range of water quality, quantity and temperatures.
The systems comprise of individual desalting units (cells), which are incorporated into modules and the modules are combined in a series-parallel architecture to define the capacity of a system.
This generates multi-level modularity giving SWT the flexibility to tailor their products for the quality and capacity of the water to be treated, lowering application specific costs and real estate requirements due to the considerably smaller footprints of SWT systems.
The solar or battery operated systems have in-built water monitoring and correction systems to guarantee clean and safe drinking water for all.
Home drinking water solutions
Stockholm Water Technology has developed a cost-effective wall mounted system for home drinking water solution.
- Generate 20-50 liters of desalinated water per day per Capacitive Deionization module (110 mm x 200 mm)
- Product capacity is expandable with the addition of external reservoirs
- Can be battery or solar cell powered for remote or off-grid locations without electricity (small scale rural applications)
- Has a multi-line LCD display which gives the user information on water consumption and water quality
- Suitable for installation in homes and in remote locations for producing safe drinking water on demand.
Stockholm Water Technology products can be adapted to suit marine requirements for both small boats and medium sized marine vessels.
- High water recovery capacity (>75%)
- Light weight and small real estate requirements
- Can be optionally solar or battery powered during emergency situations
- Unique multi-modular design enables low capital investment and space required
- Desalination systems are chemical free and have low maintenance cost
Stockholm Water Technology has developed a fully automated “Scalable Modular design” for complete home water solutions for operation in temperature ranges from 5 – 60 °C. Suitable for homes located on remote locations without municipal water supply (archipelago etc.).
The input water source can be ground, surface or sea water. The product can also be designed for use with solar modules and batteries for operation in locations outside the power grid.
- Flexible output water salinity- for use as gardening water or home water, including for drinking
- Maintains nutritional balance – Keep essential minerals in water; re-mineralization for human consumption not necessary
- High Water Recovery- Waste very little water
- Minimum Maintenance- Developed with robust carbon materials & low process pressure for longer life
- Low Fouling Potential- No membranes involved
- Environmentally Friendly- Optionally solar powered
Stockholm Water Technology products are membrane free capacitive deionization based systems, which makes them suitable for meeting the very specific requirements of industrial water treatment.
The products remove contaminants from water through electro-adsorption of the charged species, which makes the technology extremely viable for removing ionic contaminants which cause scaling issues in membrane based technologies. Mentioned below are examples of some of the commonly removed ions from water and relevant industries where this could be applied:
WORKING WITH YOU
PILOT TESTING PROJECTS
Stockholm Water Technology is pleased to work with you on piloting this technology. To ensure a custom built solution, Stockholm Water can provide you a cost benefit analysis to showcase advantages of this technology. In order for us to complete a study, we need the following information from your utilities, maintenance or engineering team:
- Feed water quality & source;
- Treatment targets (conductivity, hardness, TDS, temperature, etc.);
- System capacity (flow-rate requirements);
- Chemical consumption of existing water treatment system;
- Unit prices of chemicals used the water treatment process